Presenting at UCLA Today…
I’m #superexcited to be presenting to the residential student leaders at UCLA today about living life to the fullest and the amazing thinks that happen when you’re bold online and in your social media life.
In my experience, a vast majority of people do not contribute or engage in ways that leverage the immense hidden power of the social web. They also may not act boldly in life in order to unlock new possibilities and options. Engaging on social media strategically and publicly, and being more adventurous in general, can result in seemingly “magical” outcomes. The more bold you can be, the more that will come back to you. It’s true in life and it’s true with social media. You only get what you give.
- Where can you be more bold?
- What’s holding you back?
Some further resources from today:
- Jobvite Social Recruiting Survey
- The Facebook Fired
- “Social Media Triple Threat” for the graduating, job-searching college student
- If you want to hear more about my JetBlue stories, check out my posts on the topic. 🙂
Videos from the presentations:
- The Social Media Guard
- Columbia College President’s Madden Challenge
- Lehigh University Faculty Read Mean RateMyProfs Reviews
Some books that might be helpful: